Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Farm T-Shirts

I often mention that we have such wonderful customers.  And that's the truth.  We have had several customers come up with some great suggestions.  Recently, it was suggested that we come up with some T-shirts with our farm name on them.  While I love the idea, I am not particularly fond of wearing "business T-shirts".  You know, the kind that are simply Hanes undershirts with a business logo on them.  You usually catch one at a parade and end up using it to paint or garden in.  The exception to this is if you visit a fun place like Hard Rock Cafe, Harley Davidson, or Disneyland.  The difference is that these T-shirts are somewhat stylish to wear.  When I received the suggestion I started trying to come up a design.  However, no matter what I tried, it ended up looking like a "free painting T-shirt".  I was explaining my dilemma to my friend Rich (same guy who mixes our pig feed for us).  He is much more creative than I am and suggested that I simplify the shirt and add some color.  I went back to the drawing board and things started to come together.  While I don't think I will ever cut it on a show like Project Runway, I do think we came up with something that I would feel comfortable wearing around in public.

What I would like to do is simply put out some feelers to see if there is any interest in these T-shirts.  After all, who would trust what a pig farmer thinks is cool?  Hollie and I ended up selecting shirts that are a little distressed.  Of course this added to the cost over simply using a "Hanes Beefy T".  Basically if enough people (20+) would like to buy a shirt, we can get the price down to $20/shirt.  That is our cost.  Our motivation for doing this is simply a little free advertising.  We would love to hear any feedback!

PS. For those who don't follow us on Facebook, we are planning our next farm day! This will be a great family outing with fun activities for all ages. Tentatively we are looking at the first Saturday in May. More details to follow!
 
Description of Men's T-shirt from the manufacturer: Olive shirt with harvest gold print
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Features: 3.8 oz. All colors are a poly/cotton blend. Features custom vintage wash and worn edges for a broken-in feel.
Comments: Runs Small. This shirt fits and feels like no other! This ultra-soft style feels like you've had this tee in your wardrobe forever.

Description of Women's T-shirt from the manufacturer: Dark Brown shirt with light pink print
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
Features: 3.8 oz. All colors are a poly/cotton blend. Junior fit. Be sure to check sizing information. Features custom vintage wash and worn edges for a broken-in feel. Open neckline with capped sleeves and fitted body. This shirt is slightly sheer in the color white.
Comments: This ultra-soft style feels like you've had this tee in your wardrobe forever