Friday, June 19, 2009

Sausage Corn Chowder

A special thanks to Amy Roskelley for providing us with this recipe. For all of you who just cleaned me out of sausage, this will be a perfect recipe to try. She also has a great website and blog with lots of fantastic ideas. There are many more healthy, wholesome recipes on her website for you to try. Many of them will utilize produce out of your gardens!

www.superhealthykids.com
www.blog.superhealthykids.com









Sausage Corn Chowder

Brown and sautee
1 lb sausage
¾ cup chopped onions

Boil together
2 cups water
2 cups potatoes chopped

Then add:
1 can creamed corn
1 can regular corn
1 can evaporated milk
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Salt
½ tsp Pepper

Add sausage and onion to soup mix.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you so much for the fabulous tasting pork! My favorite is the ham slices. My husband loves the bacon, and the pork chops were perfect. I am so excited that we found some local meat that is healthier for my family AND tastes great. I can't wait till we get more.

To make this meal even easier, I used a bag of frozen cubed potatoes (frozen hash browns) and it was so fast!